,
Random
Engraved glass ewer by the Cristalleries de Baccarat

Blackfriars Railway Bridge

Woodford

Jack the Ripper walk (part two)

Wembley Park

Neasden

Toshusai Sharaku,The Actors Nakamura Wadaemon and Nakamura Konozo

Richmond bridge (part two)

A royal appointment

Limehouse

St Nicholas's (part two)

Blackfriars Bridge (part five)

The components

Old Street

St Paul's Church (Diamond Way, off Deptford High Street)

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Northolt
 (голосов: 0)
Northolt


Northolt was recorded as nord healum in 960 and as Northala in the Domesday Book and the name is derived from the Old English nord, 'north' and health, 'heath' - it means 'the north heath' or 'angle of land' in contrast to Southall. Known as Northolt by 1610.

The station was opened for Underground trains as NORTHOLT on 21 November 1948, replacing a halt of the same name, but on a different site, which had been opened by the GWR on 1 May 1907.



Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.