,
Random
Southwark Bridge (part one)

Cooking with tea

Colossal bust of Ramesses II

Queensway

Lambeth North

Marylebone

Yi Che-gwan (1783-1837) (attributed to), Portrait of a Confucian scholar

Cristovao Canhavato (Kester) (1966-…), Throne of weapons

Latimer Road

Waterloo suicides

Waterloo

Fine luggage, furniture and curios - Dee Zammit

Rayners Lane

London`s churches & cathedrals. Introduction. (part four)

Wood Lane

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Neasden
 (голосов: 0)
Neasden

Neasden was recorded as Neasdun in 939 and the name is derived from the Old English naess, 'nose' and dun, 'hill' - it means the nose-shaped 'hill' referring to a well defined landmark of this area. It was known as Needsden in 1750, and the present spelling appeared at a later date.

The station was opened as KINGSBURY & NEASDEN on 2 August 1880; re-named NEASDEN &KINGSBURY on 1 January 1910 and NEASDEN on 1 January 1932.




Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.