,
Random
Automated clock in the form of a galleon, by Hans Schlottheim (1545-1625)

Mask of the Nulthamalth (fool dancer)

8 The Word

Colossal marble lion from a tomb monument

Wanstead

Hanger Lane

London bridge (part five)

Earl's Court

How to make the perfect brew

Chorleywood

The Heretics

More Suspects

Balham

South Wimbledon

Roding Valley

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Mornington Crescent
 (голосов: 0)
Mornington Crescent

Mornington Crescent was begun in 1821 by Ferdinand, the second Lord Southampton, and is named after a famous con¬nection of the family. For the Lord's sister-in-law was Anne Wellesley, whose maiden name was Mornington, being the daughter of the Earl of Mornington and sister of the Duke of Wellington.

Prior to the station's opening the name of SEYMOUR STREET was proposed, but it was opened as MORNINGTON CRESCENT on 22 June 1907. It was closed - originally intended to be permanently - on 23 October 1992, but re-opened following refurbishment on 27 April 1998.




Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.