Cucumber, cream cheese and dill sandwiches

Putney Bridge

Westminster bridge (part six)

Sloane astrolabe

Francisco Jose de Goya у Lucientes (1746-1828), El sueno de la razon produce monstruos

Clapham North

Urushibara Mokuchu (Yoshijiro) (1888-1953), Stonehenge, Moonlight

Loose leaves or tea bags ?

St Katharine Cree


A prison is a grave to bury men alive…


Tiles showing Richard and Salah-ad-Din

Royal gold cup

Southwark Bridge (part three)

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
 (голосов: 0)

Loughton, recorded as Lukintone in 1062 and as Lochetuna in the Domesday Book, is derived from the personal name of the Saxon Luhha (or Luea) and Old English tun, 'a farm' - it means 'the farm of Luhha', an early local Essex inhabitant.

The original station was opened as LOUGHTON by the Eastern Counties Railway on 22 August 1856. It was re-sited on 24 April 1865. A new station was opened on 28 April 1940 in readiness for Underground trains, which took over the service from British Railways (Eastern Region) on 21 November 1948.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.