,
Random
Northolt

Funniest announcements heard on the tube

Wood Green

Liverpool Street

Royal Albert

London bridge (part eight)

Dhratarastra, Guardian King of the East

Portland vase

Cheswick bridge

Smoked salmon and herb creme fraiche sandwiches

The antique dealer Captain Bob

No mask of a young woman

Flood tablet

Crucifixion of Christ

Sloane astrolabe

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Leyton
 (голосов: 0)
Leyton

Leyton was recorded as Lugetune с. 1050 and Leyton in 1226. It is derived from Lea (the river) and the Old English tun. 'a farm' - and thus means 'the farm on the River Lea'. Lea is a Celtic name possibly meaning 'light river' or 'sparkling stream'.

The station was opened as Low LEYTON by the Eastern Counties Railway on 22 August 1856; re-named LEYTON on 1 January 1868. First used by Underground trains on 5 May 1947.




Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.