,
Random
The 19th Century. From the ccrimea to the boer war.(part one)

Westminster bridge (part one)

Harrow & Wealdstone

Farm Street Church (Church of the Immaculate Conception)

St Mary-at-Lambeth

Standard of Ur

Wimbledon Park

Incised lacquer cup

Chicken with tarragon butter

Amersham

Royal Oak

Westminster, St John’s

Bronze mask of Dionysos

Euston Square

East Finchley

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Ladbroke Grove
 (голосов: 0)
Ladbroke Grove

Ladbroke Grove. Richard Ladbrooke owned the land here in 1624 and his family sold it for building purposes in 1845. giving their name to this long street running to the north of the station.

The station was opened as NOTTING HILL on 13 June 1864; re¬named NOTTING HILL & LADBROKE GROVE 1880; re-named LADBROKE GROVE (NORTH KENSINGTON) on 1 June 1919; and LADBROKE GROVE in 1938.





Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.