Detection: Disagreement and Despondency

Warwick Avenue

Kentish Town

Eclairs with fresh cream and raspberries

Northwick Park

Stone sculpture of Tlazolteotl

The Heretics

The handbag diva - Vicky Sleeper

Citrus eccles cakes

Hoa Hakananai’a

Great Portland Street

Head of the horse of Selene

Silver plate showing Shapur II


Granite sphinx

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
 (голосов: 0)

Kilburn, recorded as Cuneburna in 1121, takes its name from a stream which rose in Hampstead and flowed across West London, finally joining the River Thames near Chelsea Bridge. Only parts of the stream are in existence today and it has other names in different localities. Where it once turned south to Kilburn High Road it was known as the Kylbourne (1502). The name is derived from the Old English cyne-burna, 'royal stream' or 'cows' stream'. Although Cylla (a once local inhabitant of the area) has also been given as a possible derivation, the first definition seems correct.

The station was opened as KILBURN & BRONDESBURY on 24 November 1879; re-named KILBURN on 25 September 1950.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.