,
Random
Plaistow

Queen's Park

Bronze head from a statue emperor Hadrian

Paddington

The last course

Chalfont & Latimer

Raphael (1483-1520), The Virgin and Child

Hinton St Mary mosaic

Wooden bodhisattva mask

The 19th Century. From the ccrimea to the boer war.(part two)

Loose leaves or tea bags ?

Moor Park

The capsules

Steel peacock

Jade bi

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Kentish Town
 (голосов: 0)
Kentish Town

Kentish Town stands recorded as Kentisston in 1208 and the name seems to be derived from a farm held by someone nicknamed le Kentiss(h) - and means Kentish Farm, but the real history of the name is, however, unknown.

It was only coinci¬dence that Charles Pratt, Earl Camden, obtained through his marriage the Manor of Kentish Town in 1791. He in fact took his name from Camden Place in Kent. The Town developed in the later part of the 18th century as an industrialised area of North West London.

The station was opened as KENTISH TOWN on 22 June 1907.


Kentish Town

Kilburn High Road in c.1906.









Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.