Coffee and walnut cake

St Paul's Cathedral (part two)


Active Service

Piranesi vase

London Eye Barracuda

Mold gold cape

Upper part of a colossal limestone statue of a bearded man

After the Clink – Prison Reform

Blackfriars Bridge (part two)


Jack the Ripper


The Irish Guards

Bronze figure of a seated cat

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
 (голосов: 0)

Hillingdon was recorded as Hildendun in 1078 and the name is derived from the personal name Hilda and the Old English dun, 'a hill' - and thus means 'Hilda's Hill' referring to a Saxon and her (or his - for Hilda may be a pet-name for Hildwalf) family who once lived here. It was recorded as Hilendon in 1254.

The station was opened as HILLINGDON on 10 December 1923.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.