,
Random
Automated clock in the form of a galleon, by Hans Schlottheim (1545-1625)

Mask of the Nulthamalth (fool dancer)

8 The Word

Colossal marble lion from a tomb monument

Wanstead

Hanger Lane

London bridge (part five)

Earl's Court

How to make the perfect brew

Chorleywood

The Heretics

More Suspects

Balham

South Wimbledon

Roding Valley

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
High Street Kensington
 (голосов: 0)
High Street Kensington

High Street Kensington. For centuries two roads, both Roman in origin, one following the lines of the High Street, were the only means of east-west communication in this part of London.

The first building in the vicinity took place during the reign of Charles II (1660-85) to the south of the present street, while the north side was built up during the 1780s. More development took place in the early 19th century, followed shortly afterwards by the arrival of the famous shops of the street.

Prior to the station's opening it was often referred to as KENSINGTON, but it was opened as HIGH STREET KENSINGTON on 1 October 1868. (See also Kensington Olympia.)




Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.