Canons Park

Great dish from the Mildenhall treasure

Relief panel from the Harpy Tomb

St Margaret’s Church

Articulated model dragon, signed by Myochin Kioharu

Royal Albert

Battersea bridge (part two)

Jack the Ripper walk (part seven)

Golders Green

Totteridge & Whetstone

Black Death and Rebellion

Welsh Rarebit

Fresh Lemonade

Red deer antler heddress

Jack the Ripper walk (part six)

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
 (голосов: 0)

Highgate. From very early times tolls were collected from travellers who used the Bishop of London's road across his park at Hornsey which then led to Finchley. This was at the High Gate (Le Heghgate recorded in 1354) which gave its name to the hamlet and later village at one of the highest points in London.

The station was opened as HIGHGATE by the Great Northern Railway on 22 August 1867, and first used by Underground trains on 19 January 1941. (See also Archway.)

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.